Download: MH-C490F Manual (English)
Thank you for purchasing the Powerex MH-C490F Stealth Two-Hour Compact Charger.
Read these instructions carefully and thoroughly before operating this unit. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS. READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
- Do not charge battery chemistry other than NiMH.
- When not using with Maha 9V batteries, verify batteries can accept 90mA quick charge. Batteries incapable of accepting a rapid charge may explode and result in fire.
- Refer to illustration under charging instructions for insertion of batteries.
- Do not expose the unit to rain or moisture due to risk of fire.
- For indoor use only.
- Do not operate the charger if it appears damaged in any way. Always use the supplied AC adapter.
- Do not allow the battery terminals to become shorted.
- To reduce the risk of damage to the AC power adapter, always pull by connector.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Charges one to four 9V NiMH batteries in around two hours.
- FLEX pulse charging conditions and enhances battery performance during charging.
- Microprocessor controlled rapid charge with automatic trickle charge.
- Compatible with 7.2V, 8.4V and 9.6V batteries.
Rapid Charge Current: 70-90mA
Trickle Charge Current: 5mA
Charging Cell Configuration: One to four 9V batteries (7.2V, 8.4V or 9.6V)
Microprocessor: Four independent circuits, capable of charging batteries simultaneously. – deltaV based.
Charge Time: 120-160 minutes*
Input Voltage: 12VDC 1000mA
* Charge time will vary depending upon the brand, capacity, and condition of batteries being charged.
For new NiMH batteries, it is necessary to cycle them three to five times before they reach peak performance. Battery cycling can be achieved by using the batteries completely and recharging them.
When using at home / office
1. Plug in the supplied AC power adapter into an outlet matching the input requirement indicated on the label,without the charger attached.
2. Connect the charger (without batteries installed) to the connector-end of the AC power adapter.
3. Place the batteries into the charger. You may put 1 to 4 batteries in the charger. Use only 7.2V, 8.4V or 9.6V NiMH batteries. You may mix different voltage of batteries in the charger. See illustration below for proper polarity and insertion instruction.
WARNING: NEVER USE ALKALINE OR RECHARGEABLE ALKALINE BATTERIES.
It is possible for certain batteries to be charged slightly slower than others. It is normal for certain banks to finish faster or slower than others.
The following are the meanings for each color indicator condition:
RED: Rapid Charging
GREEN: Charge Completed
FLASHING RED: Bad Battery
4. When the lights turn green, the batteries are ready to be used. If left inside the charger, the batteries will be trickle charged.
When using in a vehicle
(Optional Car Kit Required)
Make sure your vehicle’s output voltage is between 9V to 15V, and is capable of supporting a 700mA current drain. If you have any concerns regarding this, refer to your vehicle owner’s manual.
1. Plug in the supplied cigarette lighter adapter into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter, without the charger attached. Verify that the green power LED on the cigarette lighter adapter is illuminated. If LED does not light, your vehicle may need to be running in order to energize the cigarette lighter or the inline fuse may need to be replaced.
2. Connect the charger to the connector-end of the cigarette lighter adapter.
3. Follow steps 3-5 on the section “When using at home / office."